Nov 10, 2015 Following the footsteps of the international variant of the Galaxy S3, the AT&T variant has now received the Android 6.0 marshmallow update. The update comes in the form of a CyanogenMod 13 ROM and remains an unofficial ROM. It has been build from the. Android 6.0 'Marshmallow' is a version of the Android mobile operating system. Android Marshmallow was initially announced at Google I/O on May 28, when it was released as the Android M developer preview. Several updates to the preview came out before. Nov 18, 2015 Just go ahead and install the Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535. Note: The Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM for Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 is currently in the testing stages and you may notice some bugs. This not an official update from manufacturer but it’s a custom ROM from third party developers so check twice before.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow For Galaxy S3
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow Download For Samsung S3 Pc
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow Download For Samsung S3 Tablet
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow Download For Samsung S3 Shv E210s
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow Download Firmware
Samsung has not even released Android Lollipop update for Galaxy S3 I9300 variant. But users need not worry. Even though the manufacturer didn’t care of users, developers do. Yes, developers has come up with Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Galaxy S3.
Nov 08, 2015 Full Review Video: How to download and flash CyanogenMod 13 ROM based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow on the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i93. Nov 21, 2015 How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy S3 Firstly turn off the device and wait for at least 5-7 seconds. Now hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time until Samsung Logo appears on the screen to boot into recovery mode. The release the buttons and you’ll at recovery mode very soon. Feb 08, 2019 Samsung is not going to release the latest Android OS firmware OTA updates for their old flagship smartphone, Galaxy S3 but being an Galaxy S3 I9300 user you’ll be happy to know that you can still experience the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware on your phone. Thanks to the XDA developers for providing a custom ROM which is ported from the stock Android Marshmallow firmware.
You can now update Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow through AOSP firmware. You should note that it is not official update and the firmware may posses few bugs. If you are ready to install, refer this XDA thread to get solutions for minor bugs with the ROM. Also, follow the below prerequisites to safeguard your personal data and to ensure successful installation.
Check Device Model Number
It is vital to check device model number before rooting/unlocking/flashing process to ensure flashing compatible files on the device. The device model name should be Samsung Galaxy S3(GT-I9300). If your device model number doesn’t match with mentioned one, do not attempt the tutorial.
Samsung Galaxy S3 USB Drivers
To transfer firmware packages, it is to be connected with PC. For the PC to detect the device, it should have installed Samsung USB drivers. If you’ve not installed previously, download them form below source and install manually.
Steps To Be Considered
- Enable USB debugging on the Samsung Galaxy S3which lets the device establish a stable connection with computer via USB. You can do it by following the below mentioned path. In latest versions of Android, the Enable Debugging option will be hidden in depth of settings panel. You can follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
- Rooting the device erase entire data on the device including internal SD card. So, make sure you create a backup of entire important data. If you are not familiar with Android backup process, you can refer our guide to Backup Android phone data.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 60% charged at the start up of tutorial. If battery runs off during unlocking process, it may turn your phone into brick. So, charge the device before tutorial.
- If the device bootloader is locked, it is to be unlocked before rooting process. You cannot gain root access unless bootloader is unlocked.
- To install custom ROM’s/Firmware the Galaxy S3 must be rooted and should be installed with Clockworkmod recovery/TWRP recovery. Perform this step if not done previously.
Are you sure you completed all the above steps? Yes, you can now get started with the Marshmallow installation process.
Guide to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via AOSP firmware
Disclaimer: Rooting/Unlocking/Installing custom ROMs and Kernels are not official methods. So, neither device manufacturer nor Droid Word team is responsible if anything goes wrong with your device during the process. This article is only for educational purpose. You can continue with the implementation at your own risk.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED
Step 1: Download Marshmallow ROM and Google Apps packages from downloads section to your PC. Do not unzip the packages.
Step 2: Connect Galaxy S3 to PC using an USB cable.
Step 3: Transfer the downloaded packages into the root of phone/SDcard memory.
Step 4: Once the transfer is done, disconnect the USB and turn off the Galaxy S3.
Step 5: Enter custom recovery mode on Galaxy S3. Don’t know how? Do follow the simple step below:
Turn on the device by holding Volume up+Home+Power buttons together until you see the recovery mode.
Step 6: In custom recovery mode, you can view a list of options which are not available in Stock recovery. Among them, find and select wipe data/factory reset(In recovery mode the touch interface will not work. You can use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select).
Step 7: Now perform a complete data wipe by selecting wipe cache partition.
Step 8: Once done, enter advanced options in recovery mode and select wipe dalvik cache.
Step 9: If you are done with all the above steps, you can flash the firmware package now. Select install zip from sdcard, navigate and choose the previously copied Marshmallow ROM package. Confirm the installation and do not interrupt the process.
Step 10: After completion follow Step 9 again and choose Google apps package in this case.
Step 11: Once the packages installation is completed, select reboot system now option.
That’s it! Your device now boots up running Android 6.0 Marshmallow. You have successfully Updated Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you face any issues while following the above guide, do let us know through the comments section. We may help you out.
Download & Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Galaxy S3 Via AOSP ROM
An AOSP ROM for Galaxy S3 i900 brings Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update unofficially
Samsung Galaxy S3 was released in back 2012 and it is now a 3 years old phone that clearly means it is not going to get the latest android 6.0 Marshmallow Update from Samsung ever.Samsung hasn’t released any Marshmallow update to their latest flagship like Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.So Galaxy S3 users have to install third party ROMs to get Marshmallow On their device.So we share a link to Download & Install CM 13 ROM On Galaxy S3.Now Galaxy S3 users can try Android 6.0 Marshmallow via an AOSP ROM.
Android Marshmallow On Other Variants of Galaxy S3
- Download & Install CM 13 On AT&T Galaxy S3 Android Marshmallow
As I mentioned before You can now install Marshmallow On S3.Android Marshmallow (Android 6.0) is now available for Samsung Galaxy S3, not officially but Via an AOSP build.This ROM developed brianelvby is functional and there are few bugs present but remember this the first release and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed.So if you want to install this ROM then follow this guide on How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Galaxy S3 Via AOSP ROM.Below we share what’s working and what’s not.
– Boots (without sdcard)
– USB OTG
– Screen colors
– SD Card (Bootloop)
For More details on the ROM visit the official Xda Page of the ROM here
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy S3 i9000while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow For Galaxy S3
- Only for Galaxy S3 model no. i900So Don’t try on other variants.
- Don’t try this on Galaxy S3 from Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, US Cellular and Verizon
- Custom recovery (I recommend TWRP).
Android 6.0 Marshmallow Download For Samsung S3 Pc
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your Device.If you don’t have TWRP recovery On your phone then follow this guide to install TWRP–>>How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files.
If you want to try this ROM then Follow the guide below on How to safely Download & Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Galaxy S3 Via AOSP ROM (i900 Model Only)
Download & Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Galaxy S3 Via AOSP ROM
Step 1. First Of all Download the AOSP ROM and Gapps file from above.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow Download For Samsung S3 Tablet
Step 2. Then Connect your device to PC and transfer the ROM and gapps file to it. Disconnect the device then. Remember the location of the files on device.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow Download For Samsung S3 Shv E210s
Step 3. After that Boot your Galaxy S3 into recovery mode. If you are rooted, you can use Quick Boot app from play store. To manually boot into recovery mode, do this:
- Power off the device. Wait for 4-5 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button together until you see anything on screen. Then let go of the buttons.
You will enter recovery mode soon, and should see TWRP recovery. If you see an Android with an exclamation mark, then you need to install TWRP recovery for this (linked above).
Step 4. Once you are in TWRP, Follow this step by step guide to safely Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Galaxy S3 Via AOSP ROM–>>How to Install CM13 Or AOSP Marshmallow ROMs Via TWRP Recovery On Any Android Phone
If you have any questions related to this post ask in the comment section.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow Download Firmware