Facebook Messenger is now rivalling WhatsApp when it comes to sending free messages to your contacts via the internet. If you’re not familiar with either application, they allow you to send messages using data or wi-fi.
If you don’t already have the app on your phone or tablet, here’s how you can download it and start contacting your friends. How do I install Facebook Messenger on my Android device? Jan 17, 2017 Facebook Messenger for Android offers just about everything you'd want in a messaging app, with hooks into your Facebook contacts to help you connect with. Visit Site External Download Site. Stay in touch with your Facebook friends via a messaging app on your Kindle with Facebook Messenger. Facebook Messenger is a free app for the Kindle which lets you find and chat with your Facebook friends without the need to open your Facebook page. The app is a fast and easy messaging app that instantly connects you with your Facebook friends.
Appstore for Android Amazon Coins Fire Tablet Apps Fire TV Apps Games Appstore Family Your Apps & Subscriptions Help. Facebook Messenger. Jun 15, 2014. 3.4 out of 5 stars 19,940. Android Messenger. 3.8 out of 5 stars 5. Nov 11, 2019 Download Facebook Messenger for Android. Messenger is a free social network application that lets you message your Facebook contacts. Facebook Messenger for android. Download free Facebook Messenger for android. Facebook Messenger apk download free.
Facebook Messenger is available to anyone in the UK, not just people who have a Facebook account, and can also be used to contact groups of people and make voice and video calls – all that is required is that you need to be in the contact list of the person(s) you are messaging, and they in yours.
If you don’t already have the app on your phone or tablet, here’s how you can download it and start contacting your friends.
Download naij news app for android. ⭐ On 17th October 2018, Nigeria News NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng 🎉 ⭐ Over 5 mln users have installed Legit.ng (former NAIJ.com app) to read trending news and popular stories from Legit.ng (NAIJ) - the Nigerian leading digital news site. Jul 31, 2019 ⭐ On 17th October 2018, Nigeria News NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng 🎉 ⭐ Over 5 mln users have installed Legit.ng (former NAIJ.com app) to read trending news and popular stories from Legit.ng (NAIJ) - the Nigerian leading digital news site.
How do I install Facebook Messenger on my iOS device?
1. Open the App Store on your device.
2. Tap the Search button at the bottom of the screen. This opens the app search field.
3. Type in the word ‘Messenger’ – a number of apps will appear in the search results. Find the app developed by ‘Facebook Inc’ and tap the ‘get’ button. Alternatively this link will take you straight to the relevant page.
4. Tap ‘install’. The app should then begin downloading. Depending on your security and privacy settings, you may be asked to provide your Apple ID before your device lets you download.
5. Once it is downloaded, there should be an ‘Open’ button to tap in the App Store to start Facebook Messenger – or you can simply find the Messenger icon in your apps and tap that.
6. Once you have launched the app, you should be prompted to log in – you can use your Facebook account to do this if you have one, or create a Messenger-only account if you choose not to be on Facebook by clicking on ‘Not on Facebook?’. Follow the instructions on how to sign in using your phone number or email.
How do I install Facebook Messenger on my Android device?
1.Open the Google Play Store on your device.
2. Type ‘Messenger’ in the search field. A list of apps will appear.
3. Find the app developed by ‘Facebook Inc’ – which should be at or near the top of the list –and select it. Alternativelyclick on this link to go directly to Messenger on Google Store.
4. Tap the ‘Install’ button. You may be asked to allow permission for Messenger to access various tools on your device. If you’re happy with these, tap ‘Accept’. Depending on your security and privacy settings, you may be asked to provide your Google account password before your device lets you download the app. You may also need to be connected to a wi-fi network to download.
5. Once it has downloaded, tap the ‘Open’ button on the Messenger Google Store page. Alternatively you can find it on one of your home screens or in your list of apps - launch it by tapping the app icon.
6. Login using your Facebook account, or if you don’t have one tap on the ‘Not on Facebook?’ button on the login screen. Follow the instructions on how to sign in using your phone number or email.
How do I install Facebook Messenger on my Windows PC or phone?
1. Open the Windows Store on your device.
2. Type ‘Messenger’ in the search field. A list of apps will appear.
3. Click the app that was developed by ‘Facebook Inc.’ It will be at or near the top of the list. Tap or click ‘Install/ to begin downloading Messenger. The app will begin downloading to your device. Alternatively, click on this link and then on ‘Get the app’.
4. Once it is downloaded, launch Facebook Messenger by clicking on the icon in your Start menu, or by finding it on your homepage or in your apps list on your phone.
5. Login using your Facebook account, or if you don’t have one, tap or click on the ‘Not on Facebook?’ button on the login screen. Follow the instructions on how to sign in using your phone number or email.
Once you’re all set up, the app will ask you if you want to allow notifications. If you intend to make voice and video calls, it’s important to allow notifications otherwise you won’t know if people are trying to call you, unless you have the app open on your device at the time of the call.
You should also be prompted as to whether you would like to import your contacts from your device into Messenger. If allowed, the app will automatically scan your contacts for those who have Messenger so that you can contact them easily.
Can I use Facebook Messenger without downloading the app?
Yes, you can go to the Messenger desktop website at Messenger.com. You can use this site to access Facebook Messenger on any device. However, you will need a Facebook account to do this.
[Read more: 8 Facebook Messenger tips - from editing photos to secret messages]
In addition to sending free texts, you can also:
Message friends and contacts
Facebook Messenger For Android Help
- Get started fast — log in with your Facebook account, or just use your phone number
- Send voice messages, photos, smileys and other emoji
- Get push Enter your phone number herenotifications
Make plans on the go with social messaging features
- Message a friend or start a group conversation
- Include your location to let friends know you're nearby
Chat and receive SMS messages
- Swipe left to see who's available to chat
- See your SMS and Facebook messages together in the app — currently only available on some phones
Messenger does all this using your existing data plan.
Although this has been a common feature in other messaging platforms, Facebook Messenger has finally added the ability to delete sent messages on private threads. The only condition: don't take more than 10 minutes to do so.
- Now you can see your call history and missed calls—all in one place.
- Added Direct Download link which contains the .apk file for Facebook Messenger.
- Groups: Now you can create groups for the people you message most. Name them, set group photos and keep them all in one place
- Forwarding: Want to send a message or photo to someone who isn't in the conversation? Just tap to forward it on
- Conversation Shortcuts: Create a shortcut so that you can get to any conversation right from your home screen
- Free Calls: Talk as long as you want and stay in touch wherever you are. (Calls are free over Wi-Fi. Otherwise, standard data charges apply).
Apps similar to Facebook Messenger for Android 5
Facebook Messenger App For Tablet
- 1520 votesDownload the latest version of WhatsApp Messenger for free. Enjoy texts, voice notes and free phone calls.
- 39 votesThis official 'Lite' Facebook Messenger app is designed to be more efficient with data and work in all network conditions, especially slower mobile connections.
- 134 votesDuo is a one-to-one video calling mobile app for everyone – designed to be simple, reliable and fun so you never miss a moment.